A great event takes place in northern Norway every winter. Large schools of herring pass along the shore, attracting numerous orcas and humpback whales. The breathtaking show takes place here, in the cold and dark waters of the Norwegian Arctic, and it does not stop even during the polar night.
We provide accommodation in a comfortable hotel. To approach orcas we will use a repurposed fishing vessel and zodiacs.
This is a snorkeling/freediving trip only, as it's impossible to use tanks when diving with orcas. What we will see:
How to get here:
- Large schools of herring
- Orcas, maybe hundreds of specimen if we are lucky
- Humpback whales
- Fin whales, sei whales and minke whales
- Pilot whales - less likely, but possible
- Northern lights - Aurora borealis
- Great variety of sea birds
- Breathtaking landscapes
Flights to Sørkjosen (SOJ) via Oslo.